The Chen Style 24 Fan Form is without doubt one of the most beautiful and dynamic weapon forms in Chen Style Tai Chi - powerful, yet elegant - its grace and beauty captivates any viewer.
This form combines Chen Style Tai Chi Chuan with the artistic and martial functions of the fan with the fan becoming a natural extension of your body & mind as well as your internal energy (Chi).
Since this is a Chen Style Beginner II form prior Chen Style experience will be helpful in learning this form. Don't miss this class and opportunity - this form is rarely taught in the Bay Area.Be it as an introduction, enhancement or addition - learning the Chen Style 24 Fan Form will be a great opportunity for:
- Beginning Tai Chi students
This form is a great stepping stone and foundation for learning other Chen Style routines like the Chen 56 Competition Form or the very traditional Lao Jia Yi Lu form.
- Students coming from an external martial art
More than any other style of Tai Chi, Chen Style Tai Chi combines internal as well as very pronounced external/physical martial arts aspects making it a great addition for any external martial arts student studying Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Karate, Judo, Taekwondo or Mixed Martial Arts by helping them to integrate a Yin (soft) component to their mainly Yang (hard) practice - and therefore achieving balance and completeness as well as becoming a more rounded martial artist.
The Chen Style is also very suitable for more mature external martial artists looking to transition to a softer, more gentle yet dynamic & powerful internal martial art with more stress on health and spiritual development and less risk of injury or chronic damage to the body.
- Tai Chi practitioners having learned a different style of Tai Chi
Learning a Chen Style routine will not only give you a different perspective of Tai Chi - with Chen Style being the oldest and founding style of all other styles of Tai Chi - but will also be an invaluable addition to your mental, physical & technical skill set and without doubt will also enhance/advance the initial style of Tai Chi you learned.
How Tai Chi can help you:
- Enhanced body awareness and conditioning: Learn a more holistic, gentler approach to conditioning and harmonizing body, mind and spirit than through high-intensity, high-impact exercises or sports that can harm joints, muscles or ligaments. Experience not only being physically balanced but also emotionally.
- Nourishing inner peace, stillness and connectedness: Focus, clarity & inner harmony through connecting mind, body & spirit - not only within but also without. Only by being connected can we become whole and in balance.
- Finding fulfillment in physical practice and spiritual immersion: A good martial artist is like a superb traditional craftsman - always refining, deepening technique, feeling and knowledge - knowing that the whole universe exists in the tiniest of movements. The art of Tai Chi Chuan instills the practitioner with a deep feeling of gratitude and humbleness, of being part of something bigger, something deeply meaningful in which the self becoming less and less important.
Class Level: Beginner II
Class Times: Weekday evenings *
- The Berkeley Performing Arts
2560 Ninth Street, Suite 119
Berkeley, CA 94710
- Monthly Group Class Tuition: $90 (4 classes/month)
- Trial Class: $10
- Private Lesson: $95 (1 hour, can be shared (max. 2 students))
- * * Spring 2018, exact start date/time TBA
If you haven't done so already, please make sure to pre-register. Final date/time will be announced via email to pre-registered parties.
- Clicking on the "Pre-register" button below simply sets up an email that you then can choose to send and that let's us know that you are interested in this class. It also will provide us with a way to contact you in regards to final start date/time of this class.
*Pre-registration is required…
Pre-registration is required:
Click to pre-register here or call Andreas at 415.422.9933
Please provide your own Tai Chi Fan. Once you pre-register we can provide you with links to purchase an appropriate Fan online or locally (Length 13″ with plastic or bamboo ribs, nylon cloth) . Make sure to calculate shipping & handling times to ensure you have the Fan once class starts.
Why is pre-registration required? The no-obligation pre-registration simply gives us a little bit of an idea of the to be anticipated class size and also allows us to contact you with the exact start date/time for this class.